Sunday, November 25, 2012

Wishes

I wish that one good turn really deserved another
I wish that people could easily forgive others.
I wish that estrangements were brief and led to rekindled and closer reunions
I wish that prayer lists were not fodder for gossip
I wish that people truly cared for one another
I wish that there were a support group for people with disabled spouses
........that people kept their word
.............that more people tried to be kind first
.................that more people were empathetic
....................that people worried about love first and religion second
.......................that compassion came before judgment
........................that people would volunteer to walk a mile in another's moccasins before criticizing
.........................that the holiday season did not dredge up so much pain
...........................that there would be people who truly meant what they said and said what they meant
.............................that money didn't determine our social circle
...............................that I wouldn't become frustrated
.................................that I would be a better person
...................................that I knew now, God's purpose for all of this

But since I know that God does turn all to good for those who live in Christ Jesus, I am humbled and know that this suffering will not be eternal.

What will separate us from the love of Christ? Will anguish, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or the sword? 

As it is written: "For your sake we are being slain all the day; we are looked upon as sheep to be slaughtered."

No, in all these things we conquer overwhelmingly through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."--Romans 8:35-39

Thanks be to God

It is nearly advent and I can focus my gaze on the wee babe, conceived without sin, who became sin for our salvation and know that everything will be alright.......


No comments:

Post a Comment